Based in Bellevue, WA Unite States
Eastshade is a first-person, open world exploration game where you are a traveling painter, exploring the island of Eastshade. Capture the world on canvas using your artist’s easel. Talk to the inhabitants to learn about their lives. Make friends and help those in need. Discover mysteries and uncover secrets about the land. Surmount natural impasses to reach forgotten places. Experience how your actions impact the world around you.
Eastshade was first revealed in February 2016, to positive acclaim from both the media and the community. Still in development, the game is planned for a PC release, with other platforms TBC.
- Compose paintings anywhere in the world and offer them to characters to gain items, knowledge, and unlock secrets.
- Interact with the locals through dynamic conversations with discoverable topics and branching dialogue.
- Acquire materials and schematics to surmount obstacles.
- Actions and dialogue decisions affect future interactions and outcomes as you meet new characters.
Official Trailer YouTube
A first look at painting YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Explore and paint in Eastshade's gorgeous open world"
- Christopher Livingston, PC Gamer
- "Eastshade is a curious entry into the “are games art?” debate."
- David Rudin, Killscreen
- "I’m intrigued."
- Nathan Grayson, Kotaku
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Email Notification Signup
We'll only send you an email for major news like a announcing a new title, releasing a trailer, or launching a game. eastshade.com.
We make sure to post extremely inconsistently and with terrible content. eastshade.com.
About Eastshade Studios
Eastshade Studios is an American independent game studio founded by Danny Weinbaum.
More information on Eastshade Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Founder, Design, Art, Programming, Writing, Sound
Design, Writing, Illustration